- AP News
- Abc News
科学美国人：Pirates Needed Science Too
60秒科学节目（SSS）是科学美国人网站的一套广播栏目，英文名称：Scientific American - 60 Second Science,节目内容以科学报道为主，节目仅一分钟的时间，主要对当今的科学技术新发展作以简明、通俗的介绍，对于科学的发展如何影响人们的生活环境、健康状况及科学技术，提供了大量简明易懂的阐释。
Arrrrr. Today, September 19th, is International Talk Like A Pirate Day.
No, seriously, yo ho ho, check the web. Ya know, matey, anyone could be a pirate, all ye needed was a proper disrespect for authority and a willingness to be seasick months at a time. But to be a truly successful pirate and not just the son of a biscuit eater, well, ye had to know a bit of science, too.
A good pirate captain had to know the astronomy to navigate by the stars. He had to be acquainted with meteorology and know enough fluid dynamics to make sure he didn’t overload his ship with booty. And he needed the psychological skills to manage his literally motley crew.
Your average pirate ship required a buccaneer surgeon to treat stab wounds and cat o’ nine tails slashes, and a swashbucklin’ general practitioner to make sure the men had the right diet to ward off scurvy with foods rich in vitamin C. Plus, your pirate optometrist supplied the men with eye patches. And of course, advanced veterinary practice kept your pirate parrots in fine fettle. So ya see, me hearty, no matter what your chosen path, science is sure to give you a hand. Or at least a hook .
- 科学美国人：Genetic Tweak Gave Early Humans a Leg Up
- 科学美国人：Sea Otters' Powerful Paw Prey Perception
- 科学美国人：Nobel in Chemistry for New and Useful Chemical Entities via Evolutiona
- 科学美国人：Earlier Springs May Mean Mistimed Bird Migrations
- 科学美国人：Nobel in Physics for Controlling Laser Light
- 科学美国人：Blasey Ford Spells Out Trauma Memory Formation
- 科学美国人：Nobel for Helping the Immune System Fight Cancer
- 科学美国人：Genetic Tweak Gave Early Humans Leg Up
- 科学美国人：Where There's a Wills There's a Way To Explain the Home Run Rise
- 科学美国人：Survey the Wildlife of the 'Great Indoors'