- AP News
- Abc News
A Politician Misunderstood
Little Billy wanted $100 badly and prayed for two weeks but nothing happened.
So he decided to write God a letter requesting the $100. When the postal authorities received the letter addressed to God, USA, they decided to send it to President Bush.
The President was so impressed, touched, and amused that he instructed his secretary to send Billy a $5.00 bill. President Bush thought this would appear to be a lot of money to a little boy.
Billy was delighted with the $5.00 and sat down to write a thank you note to God, which read:
Thank you very much for sending the money, however, I noticed that for some reason you had to send it through Washington D.C. and, as usual, those crooks deducted $95.00.
- Japanese politicians visit Yasukuni shrine
- CCTV9英语新闻：Brazil's politicians divided on legality of Rousseff impeachment
- NPR在线收听：#NPRpoetry Moment: What Do Toddlers And Politicians Have In Common?
- NPR在线收听：When It Comes To Protesters, Politicians Don't Always Handle Them We
- NPR在线收听：Politicians And Hollywood Stars Gather For Nancy Reagan Funeral
- BBC News：Church of England urges 'fresh moral vision' from politicians
- CCTV9英语新闻：International politicians' views on two sessions
- Politicians condemn Mong Kok riot
- NPR在线收听：Danish Communities Integrate Refugees As Politicians Debate Limits
- VOA慢速英语：Politicians Suggest Ways to Reduce College Tuition